I was really contemplating with myself if I should do a makeup look today. It seems the world has turned upside down since last Monday. And it seems so superficial- like who cares right now about a makeup look? But then I heard this song in the radio:
Feel my blood runnin’, swear the sky’s fallin’
How do I know if this shit’s fabricated?
Time goes by and I can’t control my mind
Don’t know what else to try, but you tell me every time
Just keep breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’…
Which made me decide to do a makeup look after all for 2 reasons:
1. for YOU my dear readers, maybe as a little distraction from all the news, to keep things running and as much normal as possible, enjoy the little things and
2. for ME, to stay focused on SOMETHING, to have something to do and distract myself!
I love that my husband and my son (the school is closed as of now) both saw me walking around in a ball gown in the house this morning with heavy makeup and both did not say anything. Like this is normal that I walk around like this. They have seen this silly noodle🙋 doing crazier things than that! Hah!
Anyway, here is my makeup look for today. The key feature is my duo-chrome eyeshadow that kinda reflects my mood! It has this pretty color shift- depending on how the light hits the eyeshadow -sometimes it looks blue- sometimes it shifts into brown. Gorgeous y’all! This eyeshadow has so much dimension!
|See how the eyeshadow shifts from blue tones to brown tones?|
|Same eyeshadow- different lighting!|
Here comes the makeup that I used for this look!
1. I primed my face with the Benefit the POREfessional primer (Get it at: Ulta // Sephora) that minimizes the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin!
2. I applied the tarte BB tinted treatment primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (Sephora // Ulta)
This BB cream hydrates, helps smooth fine lines, and works to correct dullness and enlarged pores and protects with SPF 30.
5. I applied the duo-chrome blue-brown color of the Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Eyeshadow Palette right on the moving part of my eyelid. I used the peachy color to blend the color out on my crease. I used the lightest color under my brow-bone. I used the reddish-brown color to accentuate my outer “V”
6. I tight-lined (=upper waterline) with the Butter London Wink Eye Pencil.
7. I used the Lancôme Cils Booster XL Vitamin-infused Mascara Primer. (Ulta // Sephora). I applied the Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara. (Ulta // Sephora)
8. I used the taupe color “milk chocolate” from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar -not pictured (Sephora // Ulta) to fill in my eyebrows.
9. I lined my lips with the Lancôme Le Lipstique Dual Ended Lip Pencil in “Ideal” (a brownish-nude) (Ulta // Sephora) and filled my lips in with the ARMANI BEAUTY Rouge D’Armani Matte Lipstick in 102 Androgino (an antique rose). Such a fabulous color! It is a super wearable soft pinkish-nude. My new love!!! 💖
10. I bronzed my cheeks, the temples of my forehead and my neck with the Tarte Amazonian clay matte waterproof bronzer in “Park Avenue Princess” (Sephora // Ulta).
11. I applied the absolutely stunning Crystallic Luminous Silky Blush By GA-DE COSMETICS.
There you have it! And remember: Just keep breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’…
Disclaimer: Contains Affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.